Services in Disability Services are coordinated through various functional and organizations areas such as:
- Accommodations Coordination
Each student that submits documentation to Disability Services (DS) is assigned to an Access Coordinator who will meet with the student to determine appropriate accommodations. Appropriate accommodations are determined by the Access Coordinator and student based on the documented needs, previous accommodations, and functional limitations of the student.
- Testing Administration Center (TAC)
The Disability Services Testing Administration Center works to ensure that appropriate exam accommodations are provided for students who are eligible for services.
- Assistive Technology Services (ATS)
Offers students with disabilities the opportunity to use computers and technology to allow for completion of tasks that are impacted by their disability. ATS Services include: assistive technology assessments, accessible computer workstations, adaptive software & equipment, alternative format materials, audio books, and equipment loan.
- Communication Access Services
Disability Services offers sign language interpreters and transcription services for qualified students registered for services for academic purposes.
Awareness & Outreach
DS is available to students with disabilities to assist or advise with any disability related issue. DS works to increase awareness through education and outreach. Staff members are available to university students, faculty and administration for consulation.
DS partners with Facilities Services, Residence Life and Transportation Services to facilitate access to buildings, residence halls, parking lots and other locations on campus. Students with disabilities who experience physical barriers should contact DS for assistance.
- Locations of accessible building entrances; accessible paths and unisex restrooms can be found on the online campus map.
- Turn on the “Accessible Entrances” layer in the menu.
- Turn on the “Unisex Restooms” layer in the menu
- Select “Accessible Friendly Directions” on the directional menu.