The Testing Center (TC) in Disability Resources administers exams for currently affiliated students with disabilities that require exam accommodations due to a disability need. The Testing Center only administers exams for Texas A&M University courses and program requirements.
- Fall 2020: Finding Space on Campus to take Online Exams (for students with and without disabilities)
Testing Center Resources:
- Four (4) group testing rooms with individual cubicles for seating to provide a reduced distraction testing environment. Two rooms have 25 seats each, two rooms have 15 seats each.
- One of the 15 seat rooms is primarily used for computer-based testing (such as Open Access Lab computers, computer for essay, bring your own device).
- Adjustable height tables are available.
- Fifteen (15) individual exam rooms.
Additional rooms and proctors are scheduled during high volume testing periods (mid-terms and finals).
The testing rooms are monitored by staff through video cameras or by assigned proctors when testing occurs in rooms that are not video monitored.
Some examples of exam accommodations based on disability need, may include but are not limited to:
- Extended testing time
- Reduced distraction environment
- Large print
- Braille or e-text formatted version of the exam
- Exam scribe
- Exam reader or use of text-to-speech software
- Use of adaptive software (ZoomText, JAWS, Read & Write, Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
- Use of adaptive hardware (video magnifier adaptive mice, keyboards, etc.)
Working with Instructors
The instructor and the student should discuss the required exam accommodations and determine if the student will use the Disability Resources Testing Center or if the instructor will be able to provide the requested accommodation(s) in another setting (such as the classroom, a conference room, or in an office).
- For Students: To utilize the Testing Center the student must follow the documentation process to schedule exams.
- For Instructors:
View your TC Exam Schedule
Students can verify their exam schedule by logging into TrackerOnline.
Exam Administration Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 9:00pm
- If no exams are pre-scheduled, the TC may close at 6:00pm.
- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00pm
- Finals: 8:00 am – 8:00pm
- Summer hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am -5:00pm
- Interim Hours (between semesters): 8:00 am – 5:00pm
NOTE: No exams will be administered on designated reading days except for one-hour course exams and limited case-by-case exceptions.