Student’s eligible for exam accommodations due to a disability need may use the Disability Resources (DR) Testing Center (TC) if the instructor in unable to accommodate the student in another setting. To use the TC services, please be aware of the following procedures and responsibilities.
Fall 2020 Changes to Procedures
The Disability Resources Testing Center (TC) remains available to proctor students approved for testing accommodations via web conferencing (Zoom) or in-person as required by the course. Please see the following information about the Testing Center (TC) including changes related to COVID-19:
- Scheduling and Approving Exam Schedules via Email
- Deadlines to Schedule Exams
- Exams Transmitted via Email or Filex
- Academic Integrity
- Contact Us
The exam scheduling process has changed to an email verification process instead of requiring instructors to sign a paper schedule. The process is as follows:
- Students initiate the process by emailing their Exam Schedule to the course instructor and the TC. The Exam Schedule is a form generated by the student from their online portal called Tracker.
- Instructors approve the Exam Schedule by responding to the student’s email and making sure they also include the TC on the email response.
- TC staff respond to the email and schedule exams as requested.
The process to change a scheduled exam date or time remains the same. Instructors receive an email notification and respond via email to approve or object to the proposed changes.
The TC requires advance notice (1-week notice for exams and 2-week notice for finals) to schedule and we appreciate your timely response to emails. We make exceptions to our deadlines depending on availability of proctors and space.
Due to health and safety reasons, test couriers will not be available to pick up or drop off exams.
- In-person exams at the TC will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information about the testing conditions and printing preferences in the body of the email. All exams are printed in black and white and double-sided. Completed exams will be scanned and emailed back to instructors the following business day.
- Exams via web conferencing (Zoom) are typically obtained by students online and don’t require access by our TC staff. In the event the TC staff need a copy of the test, the instructor will email the test to email@example.com.
Instructors may choose to use Filex as a way to securely email exams to the TC (filex.tamu.edu).
TC staff proctors, student proctors, and/or surveillance cameras are used to monitor the testing rooms. The TC reports any instances of academic misconduct to the instructor and to the Aggie Honor System Office. Students are also asked to store their belongings, including cell phones, in lockers outside of the testing rooms.
(979) 862-4570 Scheduling
(979) 458-1102 Test Proctors and Check in Desk