Each semester students will need to initiate the process to send Faculty Notification Letters (Accommodation Letters) to their course instructors, if accommodations are needed. The student will select which classes to send letters to; verify which accommodations they are requesting; and then submit their accommodation requests through the AIM Student Portal. Requests will be reviewed by Disability Resources staff and then emails will be sent out through AIM directly to the instructor of record for the course (usually within 3 business days of the request). The email will be addressed from the student’s assigned Access Coordinator (Primary Advisor in AIM) and the student will receive a copy of each email when the notifications are sent.
- Log into AIM Portal with your NetID and password. This will land you on your AIM Student Portal Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Select Accommodations for Your Class” section and complete Step 1: Select Class(es). Check the boxes to select each class in which you require accommodations.
- If you have recently added a class, you may need to wait up to 48 hours for the class to display in the system.
- Scroll down and click button “Step 2: Continue to Customize Accommodations“.
- On next page (Final Step: Select Accommodation(s) for Each Class), review each class and select which specific accommodations you require for each course .
- Note: “Accessible Testing” includes all of the approved exam-related accommodations, if applicable. They will all print out individually on your letters when the email is merged. To review your approved accommodations under Accessible Testing, please visit the My Eligibility page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the pages after reviewing each class and click “Submit Your Accommodation Requests“. Your letters will be emailed you once the Disability Resources staff reviews and approves your request (usually within 2 business days).
- Once submitted your request(s) will be forwarded for review.
- Requests will be reviewed by Disability Resources staff and then emails will be sent out through AIM directly to the instructor of record for the course (usually within 2 business days of the request). The email will be addressed from the student’s assigned Access Coordinator (Primary Advisor in AIM) and the student will receive a copy of each email when the notifications are sent.
- Once letters have be forwarded to instructors by email, a PDF version of the letter will also be available for download or printing, if needed.
- Such as for a Teaching Assistant (TA), Lab Instructor, Academic Advisor, or other staff member that may be involved in facilitating accommodations other than the instructor or record.
- If you add a course after you send out your initial set of letters, don’t forget to go back and request the Faculty Notification Letter for the new course.
Please remember that students should still meet with their instructors (and/or other key staff members, if needed) to review their accommodation needs and discuss how they will implement their approved accommodations. Disability Resources recommends setting up an appointment if the student is not able to attend posted office hours.