Beginning with the Fall 2021 term, Disability Resources at Texas A&M University began using Accessible Information Management (AIM), an online accommodation management portal that helps students request and coordinate their accommodations with instructors. This web application replaces TrackerOnline.
This new system will also allow instructors to be able to review accommodation requests in a central location and will help facilitate the exam proctoring request process through a web interface rather than by email and paper forms – if instructors choose to utilize the Disability Resources Testing Center to administer their exams with disability accommodations.Student Portal Login Instructor Portal Login Training & Reference Materials
New Instructor Access!
A new Instructor Access Portal will allow instructors to view and manage accommodations for students with disabilities who are enrolled in their courses and have requested accommodations for the current term. Some of the features and changes to our process are listed below:
- Accommodation letters will primarily be delivered by email, but they will also be viewable through the Instructor Access Portal along with a current list of students that have requested accommodations.
- A new Testing Agreement allows instructors to specify details for all exams in your class. The Testing Agreement can be filled out through the portal and will be required before students can be approved to test in the Disability Resources Testing Center.
- Instructors will be able to view all exam requests from students and whether they have been approved or not by the Testing Center. Exam schedules will not be emailed by students as the information will now be available in the portal.
- Instructors will be able to upload exams in a secure manner through the Instructor Access Portal.
Student Portal Features
AIM will replace TrackerOnline as the tool for students to request accommodation letters and schedule exams with the Disability Resources Testing Center. A number of new and expanded tools and features will be available for students in the new AIM Student Portal including:
- Accommodation Letters (called “Faculty Notification Letters” in AIM) can be requested and will be sent directly from the AIM Portal by email. The email will come from the student’s assigned Access Coordinator and a copy will also be emailed to the student in addition to the instructor.
- Students will still have an option to download a PDF version or print a copy, if needed.
- AIM will maintain a history of when accommodation letters were sent to each instructor.
- Students can view a summary of their approved accommodations in their AIM Portal dashboard under “My Eligibility”.
- Class schedules in AIM will automatically sync with the TAMU student records system. Changes to schedules should show up within 48 hours of a student adding or dropping a course.
- Students will be able to schedule exams in the AIM portal (similar to TrackerOnline)
- Instead of having instructors review and approve each exam schedule, exam requests will be automatically reviewed and approved when the instructor has completed the Testing Agreement in the AIM Instructor Portal that outlines the details of the exam dates and details for their course.
Student Portal Login Instructor Portal Login Training & Reference Materials