Entry Point! is a program of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) offering outstanding internship and co-op opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students with apparent and non-apparent disabilities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business.
Entry Point!, a signature program of the AAAS Project on Science, Technology and Disability, is a national effort to discover and develop talent among undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities who demonstrated a talent and interest in pursuing a STEM career. The primary goal of the project is to increase the diversity of the scientific and engineering workforce at the professional level. Entry Point! recruits, screens, and refers qualified candidates to company and university research program partners for 10-week summer internships.
How to Apply to ENTRY POINT!
- Students interested in applying for the Entry Point! program of AAAS must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student for the academic term before and after the desired internship.
- Must have a disability – apparent or non-apparent.
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (will be verified by the employer).
- Fill out and submit the online preliminary application (also be available in PDF format).
Following a preliminary screening interview eligible students will be asked to submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Letter of introduction including field(s) of interest
- Current resume
- A university transcript showing courses taken and most recent GPA
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a faculty member.
- Early September: Applications will be accepted for review.
- October – November: Preliminary screening interviews are conducted by an EntryPoint representative.
- TAMU Interview Date TBA
- October – February: Portfolio referral to partners begins
- Very few applications will be considered after February 15th.
- Spring: The goal is to announce placements by April 30th of the internship year, or earlier.
Completed application packages should be forwarded to:
Project Director, Entry Point!
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005-3920
(202) 326-6649 Phone (Voice/TDD)
(202) 371-9849 Fax
Questions about the application process should be sent to:
A representative from Entry Point! will be interviewing students from Texas A&M University – College Station in the Fall (usually in late October – early November). They will be conducting phone or video phone interviews. Students who are interested in interviewing with Entry Point! need to complete the online application before interviews will be scheduled.