The Student Advisory Board provides a student voice to the administration of Disability Resources on matters of policy and procedure that governs the operation of Disability Resources. The role of the Student Advisory Board is to provide effective feedback on updates to services provided by the staff in Disability Resources and to provide suggestions for improvements to service delivery and general campus access. All final decisions about implementation of suggestions shall be made by the professionals providing the services, with respect to legal requirements, university policies, service priorities, and the availability of resources and staffing.
(Note: The Student Advisory Board does not address individual student or faculty concerns with Disability Resources. Individual concerns should follow the formal methods of reporting their concerns to the appropriate Disability Resources staff or campus ADA coordinator and to actively participate in the process to resolve the concerns as per Disability Resources procedures and the Student Rules related to disability accommodations and grievances.)
Membership & Responsibilities
- 10-15 students with a variety of disabilities, classifications and majors.
- Minimum requirements:
- Have attended TAMU and been affiliated with Disability Resources for at least one full semester.
- Be registered for at least 6 credit hours.
- Be in good academic standing with the University and have a minimum overall GPR of 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate).
- Students will serve 9, 12, or 18 month terms on board.
- The Board is expected to meet once per semester, unless the Board determines the need to meet more frequently.
- Applications and nomination forms will be collected on a continual basis with positions filled as needed.
- Please submit application and supporting documents to Tracey Forman (contact information below).
- Once applications are reviewed, applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be invited for an interview with the Board facilitator.
- Selected Advisory Board members will then complete an orientation before attending the next scheduled Board Meeting.
Current Board Membership
|Thomas Butterfield||Senior||CHEN||May 2020|
|Kyle Cox||Graduate Student||PSAA||May 2020|
|Samuel DeRousse||Sophomore||COMM||December 2020|
|Clay Grogan||Sophomore||BUAD||December 2020|
|Maureen Hayden||Graduate Student||MARB||May 2020|
|Lorrie Hill||Senior||EDKI||December 2019|
|Brynne Jacobs||Sophomore||IDIS||May 2020|
|Yi-Fan Li||Graduate Student||EPSY||May 2020|
|Christopher Mathey||Graduate Student||SOCI||August 2020|
|Raquel Muyshondt||Sophomore||IDIS||December 2020|
|Ava Ryan||Senior||BMCB/PHIL||August 2020|
|Tracey Forman||Staff (Board Facilitator)|
For More Information
For more information about the Student Advisory Board please contact:
Tracey Forman, Assistant Director
3471 Houston Street; 1224 TAMU|
Suite 122, Student Services Building
College Station, TX 77843-1224