The Student Advisory Board provides a student voice to the administration of Disability Services on matters of policy and procedure that governs the operation of Disability Services. The role of the Student Advisory Board is to provide effective feedback on updates to services provided by the staff in Disability Services and to provide suggestions for improvements to service delivery and general campus access. All final decisions about implementation of suggestions shall be made by the professionals providing the services, with respect to legal requirements, university policies, service priorities, and the availability of resources and staffing.
(Note: The Student Advisory Board does not address individual student or faculty concerns with Disability Services. Individual concerns should follow the formal methods of reporting their concerns to the appropriate Disability Services staff or campus ADA coordinator and to actively participate in the process to resolve the concerns as per Disability Services procedures and the Student Rules related to disability accommodations and grievances.)
Membership & Responsibilities
- 10-15 students with a variety of disabilities, classifications and majors.
- Minimum requirements:
- Have attended TAMU and been affiliated with Disability Services for at least one full semester.
- Be registered for at least 6 credit hours.
- Be in good academic standing with the University and have a minimum overall GPR of 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate).
- Students will serve 9, 12, or 18 month terms on board.
- The Board is expected to meet once per semester, unless the Board determines the need to meet more frequently.
Once applications are reviewed, applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be invited for an interview with the Board facilitator.Selected Advisory Board members will then complete an orientation before attending the next scheduled Board Meeting.
- Applications and nomination forms will be collected on a continual basis with positions filled as needed.
- Please submit application and supporting documents to Tracey Forman (contact information below).
Current Board Membership
|Thomas Butterfield||Junior||CHEN||May 2018|
|Kyle Cox||Senior||POLS||May 2018|
|Bryce Ericksen||Senior||FINC||December 2017|
|Kaitlyn Kellermeyer||Senior||ECON||December 2017|
|Lorrie Hill||Junior||EDKI||May 2018|
|Jennifer Hoyle||Senior||INST||May 2018|
|Christopher Mathey||Graduate Student||SOCI||May 2018|
|Kendalyn Rising||Graduate Student||MHA||May 2018|
|Anna Rogers||Junior||ENGL||May 2018|
|Tracey Forman||Staff (Board Facilitator)|| || |
For More Information
For more information about the Student Advisory Board please contact:
Tracey Forman, Assistant Director
701 West Campus Blvd; 1224 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-1224