The Testing Administration Center (TAC) in the Department of Disability Services administers exams for currently registered students with disabilities that require exam accommodations due to a disability need.
- Ten (10) exam rooms with four to five (4-5) seats per room for a reduced distraction testing environment.
- The testing rooms are monitored by staff through video cameras or by assigned proctors when testing occurs in rooms that are not video monitored.
- Additional rooms and proctors are scheduled during high volume testing periods (mid-terms and finals).
- Eight (8) private exam rooms
- Rooms accommodate space for a wheelchair, scribe, reader and/or other adaptive equipment.
- Adjustable height tables are available
- Video Magnifiers (a.k.a. CCTVs)
- Open Access Lab workstations or laptops with standard software and adaptive software
Some examples of exam accommodations based on disability need, may include but are not limited to:
- Extended testing time
- Reduced distraction environment
- Large print
- Braille or e-text formatted version of the exam
- Exam scribe
- Exam reader
- Use of adaptive software (ZoomText, JAWS, MAGic, Read & Write, Kurzweil, Dragon NaturallySpeaking) or hardware (CCTV, adaptive mice, keyboards, etc.) based on disability need.
Working with Instructors
The instructor and the student should discuss the required exam accommodations and determine if the student will use the Testing Administration Center or if the instructor will be able to provide the requested accommodation(s) in another setting (such as the classroom, a conference room, or in an office).
- For Students: To utilize the Testing Administration Center the student must follow the documentation process to schedule exams.
- For Instructors:
View your TAC Exam Schedule
Students can verify their exam schedule by logging into TrackerOnline.
Exam Administration Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 9:00pm
- If no exams are pre-scheduled, the TAC may close at 5:00pm.
- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00pm
- Finals: 8:00 am – 8:00pm
- Summer hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am -5:00pm
- Interim Hours (between semesters): 8:00 am – 5:00pm
NOTE: No exams will be administered on designated reading days except for one-hour course exams and limited case-by-case exceptions.